Faculty Led – Payment Process

Payment Instructions for UA Faculty-Led Programs:

*Note that the process outlined below is for UA Faculty-Led programs, as well as UA international internships.

Important Information:

Only accepted (“UA Endorsed”) and students verified by Education Abroad can make payment deposits in order to secure their spot in the program.

Financial Aid: Students using financial aid to pay for their programs are required to meet with a financial aid advisor (prior to paying the deposit) to determine how anticipated aid would apply to the study abroad program cost. Print out an additional copy of the Summarized Cost and Payment sheet for the meeting with the Financial Aid office. DO THIS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE! Even up to a year in advance.

Scholarships: Students using Scholarships to pay for their program are encouraged to talk with the Scholarship office (prior to the deposit) to determine what portion of funding can be used for the study abroad program. To apply scholarship funding to your program, you must first complete the scholarship for study abroad request form in your MyBama account.


In the case of withdrawal of a participant, the charge to the student will be at least a $100.00 non-refundable cancellation fee plus the costs already incurred by the University of Alabama for the participant. This will be determined based upon the date of withdrawal and costs incurred for your specific program. If no costs have been incurred by the University, a refund will be credited to the participant student’s account.

To withdraw from a program, complete the Study Abroad Withdrawal Form.pdf and turn it in to your Education Abroad Advisor.

To be considered for a medical or compassionate withdrawal, complete the Medical/Compassionate Withdrawal Form and turn it into the Director of Education Abroad. Be aware that proper documentation needs to be submitted for these types of withdrawals.