We want you to be as prepared as possible when you travel out into the world. For that reason, we require that everyone who is studying abroad participate in a mandatory Pre-departure Orientation (PDO) session prior to going abroad. Many program providers also conduct these sessions at the beginning of their programs after you arrive in country that are specific to your program.
Even if your program provider or host university conducts an orientation, UA requires you to attend Education Abroad’s Pre-Departure Orientation. Travel safety, UA policies and procedures, and advice for cultural adjustment will be covered during this session. We make sure to build in time for you to meet other UA students traveling to the same area of the world. As we give so much important information at these sessions, your attendance is required. Failure to attend this meeting will result in being dropped from your program.
Pre-Departure Orientations (during Spring 2020 semester) are scheduled as follows:
- Thursday, February 27th – 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. @ 1000 North Lawn Hall
- Monday, March 9th – 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. @ 1000 North Lawn Hall
- Tuesday, March 24th – 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. @ 2006 North Lawn Hall
- Wednesday, April 1st – 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. @ 1014 North Lawn Hall
- Friday, April 10th – 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. @ 1012 North Lawn Hall
- Thursday, April 16th – 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. @ 2006 North Lawn Hall
- Monday, April 20th – 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. @ 1000 North Lawn Hall
- Tuesday, April 21st – 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. @ 1014 North Lawn Hall
- Wednesday, April 22nd – 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. @ 1015 North Lawn Hall
- Thursday, April 23rd – 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. @ 1000 North Lawn Hall
Remember, you will only need to participate in one PDO hosted by the Education Abroad office. These Spring orientations are for students studying abroad in Summer 2020 or Fall 2020.
Please Note: Students participating in faculty-led programs and/or internships may be required to attend other pre-departure meetings specific to those programs.
Attached is an electronic copy of our student handbook. Feel free to look it over and come to orientation with any questions you may have. You will receive a hardcopy of the book there to take with you!