We want you to be as prepared as possible when you travel out into the world. For that reason, we require that everyone who is studying abroad participate in a mandatory Pre-departure Orientation (PDO) session prior to going abroad. Many program providers also conduct these sessions at the beginning of their programs after you arrive in country that are specific to your program.
Even if your program provider or host university conducts an orientation, UA requires you to attend Education Abroad’s Pre-Departure Orientation. Travel safety, UA policies and procedures, and advice for cultural adjustment will be covered during this session. We make sure to build in time for you to meet other UA students traveling to the same area of the world. As we give so much important information at these sessions, your attendance is required. Failure to attend this meeting will result in being dropped from your program.
Pre-Departure Orientations (during Spring 2021 semester) are scheduled as follows:
- Wednesday, February 24, 2021 @ 9am – Graves Hall – Room 118
- Tuesday, March 9, 2021 @ 5:30pm – Math & Science Building (old Biology Building) – Room 1001 ZOOM OPTION
- Monday, March 22, 2021 @ 4:30pm – Gallalee Hall – Room 227
- Wednesday, April 7, 2021 @ 8:30am – Graves Hall – Room 118
- Friday, April 16, 2021 @ 12:30pm – Math & Science Building (old Biology Building) – Room 1001
- Monday, April 19, 2021 @ 4:30pm – Gallalee Hall – Room 227
- Tuesday, April 20, 2021 @ 5pm – South Engineering Research Center (SERC) – Room 1059
- Wednesday, April 21, 2021 @ 8:30am – Graves Hall – Room 118
- Thursday, April 22, 2021 @ 5:30pm – South Engineering Research Center (SERC) – Room 1059 ZOOM OPTION
- Friday, April 23, 2021 @ 9am – Graves Hall – Room 118
Sign Up here!
Remember, you will only need to participate in one PDO hosted by the Education Abroad office. These Spring orientations are for students studying abroad in Summer & Fall 2021.
For Distant Learners, Co-Op students, and students who are off campus for any other reason, there will be Zoom options. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please Note: Students participating in faculty-led programs and/or internships may be required to attend other pre-departure meetings specific to those programs.
Attached is an electronic copy of our student handbook. Feel free to look it over and come to orientation with any questions you may have. You will receive a hardcopy of the book there to take with you!