Scholarships Offered by the English Language Institute
At least one 50% tuition scholarship (with different applications) is available each session to:
- New Students
- Continuing/Current Students
Take the Sqore Scholarship Challenge by clicking the button below.Sqore Scholarship Challenge
To be eligible for the tuition scholarship, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student in the ELI’s Intensive English Program for the full session.
- Attend a minimum of 80% of each of your classes in the current session;
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in all ELI classes that you have taken; and,
- Be eligible and plan to register as a full-time non-sponsored student* for the next full session. (Sponsored students are ineligible to apply for the scholarship.)
* A sponsored student is one whose ELI tuition is paid by a government, university, or other outside source, which means that the student does not use personal funds to cover the cost of tuition.
How to Apply
Complete the online application for ELI Tuition Scholarship.You must submit your application to the ELI office no later than the last day of class.Scholarship Application
The selection of the scholarship recipient(s) will be based on a variety of factors, including academic performance, financial need, volunteering and providing assistance to the ELI, participation on the ELI Student Advisory Council, participation in ELI-sponsored activities and events, and teacher recommendations. Applicants will be notified of the decision regarding their application by email, usually by the end of the day after the session has ended.