Study Alabama: A Consortium for Global Engagement and Economic Development
STUDY ALABAMA (SA/CGEED) is a member driven not-for-profit organization incorporated (US IRS 501c3) in the State of Alabama.
Study Alabama is a member of the US Department of Commerce Study State initiative with organizations in nearly every US state and is supported by the Alabama departments of commerce and economic development entities.
The primary objectives of the organization are:
- To raise the profile of the state of Alabama higher education sector as a global study/research destination with a focus on international student enrollment and education abroad goals of the member institutions.
- To share expertise and experience in the field of global education and workforce development as well as to pool resources for the joint marketing of SA/CGEED member institutions and its programs related to international student, scholars and education abroad.
- To foster the creation of a more diverse learning environment to help Alabama students become more competitive in a global workplace.
- To foster awareness of the role of the Alabama Higher Education members in supporting economic development and international trade throughout the of State of Alabama and to encourage collaboration with the higher education sector by the US Department of Commerce, Alabama Department of Commerce and other local and regional commerce and economic development entities in the State of Alabama.
- To foster strategic partnerships and lasting relationships between Alabama local communities, government organizations, international organizations/businesses, students and scholars and Alabama education institutions.
- To collaborate in gaining greater access to government assistance (both state & federal) and private funding as well as in kind contributions to support the objectives of SA/CGEED and its members.
Study Alabama Website