For new and transfer students, shipment of your admission letter and initial or transfer I-20s/DS-2019s will be provided by The University of Alabama (either by Undergraduate Admissions, the Graduate School, or your academic department).
For new international faculty, staff, and scholars, shipment of your invitation/appointment letter, DS-2019, or other immigration support documents will be provided by your sponsoring department at The University of Alabama.
For current or returning international students, faculty, and scholars who have submitted a request for replacement documents, International Student and Scholar Services provides several shipment options, which are as follows:
1) University Express Mail Services (recommended)
The University of Alabama’s Capstone International Services uses an express mail service provided by University Express Mail Services – https://study.eshipglobal.com/ to deliver documents through DHL or FedEx in 3-5 days. Requesting your document delivery through University Express Mail Services is at YOUR expense, and your credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover cards only) will be charged when requesting the service from University Express Mail Services.
If you plan to use the University Express Mail Services to handle the express shipping of your documents, please indicate your preference when submitting your document request to Capstone International Services.
To process the University Express Mail Services request, please follow these instructions:
1. Register and activate your account at University Express Mail Services. Registration and activation of your account is free.
2. Click the “Receive” option.
3. Type “Alabama” in the search box, or select it from the drop down list.
4. Select “The University of Alabama” and then “Continue.”
5. Select the “Capstone International Services” and then “Continue.”
6. Complete the shipping form, use your University of Alabama CWID number, and select “Ship/Quote.”
Note: PO Box addresses are generally not preferred by express carriers. If entering a PO Box address, be sure you provide the complete physical address where the PO Box is located in order to avoid delays or misdeliveries.
7. On the confirmation page, check your shipment details.
8. On the same page, complete the credit card information form.
9. Select “Confirm” to advance to the shipment summary page.
Note: Please pay close attention to the information submitted, as errors in the credit card information or submitting incorrect or incomplete address information will result in a delay in the mailing of your documents. If you experience any difficulty in registering and processing the shipment, please use the “Help” link in the site for step by step instructions. If you have additional questions about how to use this service, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Capstone International Services will automatically be notified by University Express Mail Services (eShipGlobal) that you have requested your documents via express mail. You can track the shipment using the tracking number provided.
11. You will receive your documents in 3-5 business days from the date of mailing.
2) Regular Airmail (for standard international shipments)
Regular overseas airmail takes 4-6 weeks to deliver, depending on the destination. Additionally, there is no tracking confirmation option for airmail. If you are currently outside of the US and want your documents sent by regular overseas mail, please indicate your preference when submitting your document request to International Student and Scholar Services. If you do not indicate a preference for shipping and no request for expedited shipping is received from University Express Mail Services within 3 business days, your documents will be sent by regular overseas airmail to the permanent home address indicated on your MyBAMA record.
3) Regular US Postal Service Delivery (for standard US shipments)
Regular US Postal Delivery by First Class Mail takes 7 – 10 business days to deliver, depending on the destination within the US. Additionally, International Student and Scholar Services will not provide tracking confirmation for standard US Postal Delivery. If you want your documents sent to a US address by regular US Postal Delivery, please indicate your preference when submitting your document request to International Student and Scholar Services. If you do not indicate a preference for shipping and no request for expedited shipping is received from University Express Mail Services within 3 business days, your documents will be sent by regular US Postal Service to the local address indicated on your MyBAMA record.
4) In-Person Pick Up (for students/faculty/scholars in Tuscaloosa)
Students and Scholars who are currently in Tuscaloosa can always pick up their documents from International Student and Scholar Services (such as for I-20/DS-2019 extensions, OPT STEM Extensions, etc.). If you wish to pick up your documents, please indicate your preference when submitting your document request to International Student and Scholar Services. You must be able to pick up your documents in-person – International Student and Scholar Services will allow friends or family members to pick up documents for you only if you give us specific instructions and tell us the name and CWID of the friend or family who will pick up the document. Student ID is required when picking up a document from International Student and Scholar Services.