For life-threatening emergencies, contact 911 if you are off campus or University of Alabama Policy Department at 205-348-5454 if you are on campus.
What to do if you experience an immigration-related emergency, such as:
- Loss of your passport or other important documents while overseas
- Visit by government officer at home or on campus (note: do not sign anything. Politely ask a government officer if you can call UA ISSS or your home country consulate)
- Detainment at U.S. port of entry like airports (note: do not sign anything. Politely ask an immigration officer if you can call UA ISSS or your home country consulate)
- Threat of deportation (note: do not sign anything. Politely ask an immigration officer if you can call UA ISSS or your home country consulate)
If during normal office hours (8:00 a.m.– 4:15 p.m.), call ISSS at 205-348-5402.
If outside of regular office hours, call the UAPD at 205-348-5454 and their dispatcher will connect you with an ISSS staff member.
If you are on campus, contact the University of Alabama Police Department at 205-348-5454. If you are off campus, call 911.
You may experience an emergency such as:
- Car accident
- Criminal activity
- Missing persons
- Suicidal thoughts
- Natural disasters (tornado, flood, etc.)
- Sexual assault and misconduct
- Other incidents
ISSS is here to help you, but you may want to take advantage of these resources on campus for other issues such as:
- Culture shock
- Conflicts with classmates or professors
- Financial problems
Counseling Center 205-348-3863
Women and Gender Resource Center 205-348-5040
Title IX Office 205-348-5496
Student Care and Well-Being 205-348-2461
Employee Assistance Program 205-759-7890 or 866-840-0750