For life-threatening emergencies, contact 911 if you are off campus or University of Alabama Policy Department at 205-348-5454 if you are on campus.
If you experience an immigration-related emergency, such as:
- Loss of your passport or other important documents
- Visit by government officer at home or on campus (note: do not sign anything. Politely ask a government officer if you can call UA ISSS or your home country consulate)
- Detainment at U.S. port of entry like airports (note: do not sign anything. Politely ask an immigration officer if you can call UA ISSS or your home country consulate)
- Threat of deportation (note: do not sign anything. Politely ask an immigration officer if you can call UA ISSS or your home country consulate)
Call ISSS at 205-348-5402 during normal office hours (Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.– 4:45 p.m. Central Standard Time).
If outside of regular office hours, call the UAPD at 205-348-5454 and their dispatcher will connect you with an ISSS staff member.
In case of an emergency such as:
- Car accident
- Criminal activity
- Missing persons
- Suicidal thoughts
- Sexual assault and misconduct
- Other incidents
If you are on-campus, contact the University of Alabama Police Department at 205-348-5454.
If you are off-campus, call 911.
ISSS is here to help you, but you may want to take advantage of these resources on campus for other issues such as:
Counseling Center 205-348-3863
Women and Gender Resource Center 205-348-5040
Title IX Office 205-348-5496
Student Care and Well-Being 205-348-2461
Employee Assistance Program 205-759-7890 or 866-840-0750