Apply for Global Tide
Are you a student looking to get engaged? Join our small-group mentorship program led by our International Peer Advisory Council (IPAC) member. Complete a short survey to be placed with a group. Complete the survey at Apply for Global Tide.
What is Global Tide?
Global Tide is a mentorship group comprised of IPAC members and new students.
Consisting of around 2-3 IPAC leaders and 10 students, these small groups are a great way to get connected!
Through the mentorship groups, we hope our international students will learn more about the UA campus, make new friends, learn about resources at UA and in the community, and become better adjusted to life in Tuscaloosa. We encourage groups to attend on-campus activities, such as Multicultural Coffee Hour as well as events happening in the local area.Learn more about Global Tide and meet our leaders. Apply to join Global Tide
INTERNATIONAL PEER ADVISORY COUNCIL
What is IPAC?
Begun in 2005, the International Peer Advisory Council (IPAC) is a volunteer-based organization designed to assist international students at UA with cultural adjustment and to provide an opportunity for intercultural exchange among UA students, both international and domestic.
We are looking for full-time undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in engaging with students.
Applications to join IPAC for 2022-2023 are due by Friday, April 1, 2022 at 4:45 pm.2022-2023 IPAC Application
If I am selected for IPAC, what will I be doing?
Below are the expected requirements of each IPAC Leader per semester.
- Attend four (4) IPAC events
- Lead a Global Tide mentorship group. As Global Tide Leaders, the IPAC Leaders must meet these expectations for their group each semester:
- Confirm the initial roster of your group
- Communicate with your group weekly through a personal messaging system (Whatsapp, GroupMe, etc.)
- Schedule a meet-up twice a month
- Complete an end-of-semester assessment
- Complete a Social Media takeover
- Full-time, undergraduate or graduate student at UA
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Have an interest in helping international students
- Be available to assist with social events throughout the academic year