Education Abroad Scholarships
These scholarships are facilitated through the Education Abroad office. Students must apply directly through the Education Abroad website.
For programs leaving in the Fall/Spring/Summer – OPEN
- Education Abroad Grant – Deadline for Summer and Fall applicants is February 15. Deadline for Spring applicants is October 15.
- UA Away: Study Away Scholarship – Deadline for Summer and Fall applicants is February 15. Deadline for Spring applicants is October 15.
For programs abroad during the Spring semester – CLOSED
- Dylan Bernstein Memorial Scholarship (CEA program participants only)
- UA Rotary Scholarships
For programs abroad during the Summer (May Int, Sum I, Sum II) semester (Deadline: Varies) – OPEN
- Blount International Scholarship (for Blount Students)
- Edward H. Moseley Endowed Scholarship (Preference Latin America)
- Ian Clough Explore the World Scholarship Fund (Business students, undergraduate or graduate)
- International Scholarship for Culverhouse College of Business Students
- JVC Mitsubishi / Mercedes / Sister Cities Scholarship (Preference travel to Japan and Germany)
- Roll Tide Worldwide Scholarship – Preference for students with financial need.
- Ronald R. Robel Endowed Scholarship (Preference travel to Asia)
- The Husain Abdul Alim and Peter Harris Memorial Travel Award (Preference Middle East, Asia, and Africa)
For more information visit our Frequently Asked Questions page!
These scholarships are facilitated through other UA campus offices. Please direct any questions about these scholarships to the sponsoring departments.
John Fraser Ramsey Award (Summer in Europe)
- The Ramsey is open for juniors to apply and consists of a monetary award of $6,000 and a $5,000 travel award: The Great Ideas Tour (GIT) is named for the signature class taught by John Ramsey in his 42 years as a history professor at UA and is the opportunity for Ramsey recipients to travel through Europe and discover their own sense of possibility and responsibility within a global humanity. See full description here: Ramsey Awards
- Application: https://premierawards.sa.ua.edu/apply/
- Deadline: End of November
Division of Community Affairs – Board of Advisors Scholarship
Interested in studying away? We want to help you get there.
The Global and Community Leadership Development Committee supports efforts to develop leadership skills in cultural competence to enable students to communicate, compete and succeed globally in a culturally diverse society. The committee seeks applications for UA students interested in study away opportunities.
$2,500 scholarship for International Study. Apply here: http://communityaffairs.ua.edu/boa-study-away-scholarship/