Capstone International Scholarships
These scholarships are facilitated through the Education Abroad office. Students must apply directly through the Education Abroad website.
For programs leaving in the Fall/Spring/ Summer
- Education Abroad Grant – Deadline for Spring applicants is October 15. Deadline for Summer and Fall applicants is February 28.
For programs abroad during the Spring semester
- Dylan Bernstein Memorial Scholarship (CEA program participants only)
- UA Rotary Scholarships
For programs abroad during the Summer (May Int, Sum I, Sum II) semester (Deadline: February 28)
- Edward H. Moseley Endowed Scholarship
- JVC Mitsubishi / Mercedes / Sister Cities Scholarship
- Miyagawa Scholarship
- Ronald R. Robel Endowed Scholarship
For more information visit our Frequently Asked Questions page!
These scholarships are facilitated through other UA campus offices. Please direct any questions about these scholarships to the sponsoring departments.
John Fraser Ramsey Award (Summer in Europe)
- The Ramsey is open for juniors to apply and consists of a monetary award of $6,000 and a $5,000 travel award: The Great Ideas Tour (GIT) is named for the signature class taught by John Ramsey in his 42 years as a history professor at UA and is the opportunity for Ramsey recipients to travel through Europe and discover their own sense of possibility and responsibility within a global humanity. See full description here: https://honors.ua.edu/scholarships/premier-award/
- Application: https://premierawards.sa.ua.edu/apply/
- Deadline: Nov 12, 2017
UA Away Scholarship
- UA Away scholarships, including the Sara J. Finley Global Leadership Endowed Scholarship and the Ann and A. F. Delchamps, Jr., Endowed Scholarship, provide financial support for undergraduate students who wish to participate in unique learning opportunities away from the UA campus. UA Away supports three distinct opportunities:
- Study Away: Students travel to another country, city, or university to study in their academic fields. The Study Abroad Program and National Student Exchange offer these opportunities.
- Serve Away: Students volunteer for service projects, often related to their fields of study or career goals, which expose them to issues related to poverty, hunger, and lack of educational resources, and expose them to new cultures and regions. Opportunities for service are available through the Center for Service and Leadership.
- Work Away: Students receive first-hand work experience, related to academic and career goals, that increases their marketability to future employers.
- There are two scholarship cycles. Students may complete an application in the fall for spring travel or in the spring for summer and fall travel.
- Application: https://sa-app01.ua.edu/uaAway/public/home
Division of Community Affairs – Board of Advisors Scholarship
Interested in studying away? We want to help you get there.
The Global and Community Leadership Development Committee supports efforts to develop leadership skills in cultural competence to enable students to communicate, compete and succeed globally in a culturally diverse society. The committee seeks applications for UA students interested in study away opportunities.
$2,500 scholarship for International Study. Deadline Feb 15, 2018. Apply here: http://communityaffairs.ua.edu/boa-study-away-scholarship/