Education Abroad is excited to announce our 15th annual Capstone International Photo Contest.
We know many of you captured some great shots while you studied abroad as a UA student. We want to see them! Photos will be classified into one of four categories:
- Landscape – buildings and/or natural scenery of a city, site, or area
- Local Color – highlights the people and culture of places visited
- UA Spirit – UA students showing their school pride while abroad
- Crimson Captured (International students only) – the UA campus or Tuscaloosa area as seen through the eyes of UA international students.
With your submission, please include your name, the category in which you are entering the photo, title of the photo, location the photo was taken, and the name of your study abroad program. Each contestant is allowed to submit no more than 4 photos total. Make sure all photos are high resolution. Winner in each category will receive scholarship prizes!
Photos must be high-resolution and be submitted via email to UAphotocontest@gmail.com. The deadline for entry is Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 11 p.m. By submitting a photograph(s) you guarantee that you are the original and sole creator of the submitted photograph(s) and that you own all rights to the photograph(s). Furthermore, you grant Education Abroad and Capstone International the right to use the photograph(s).
Entries for each category will be voted on by the UA student body the week of November 6-10 on the second floor of the Ferguson Center AND through the UA Education Abroad Facebook page.
Winners will be announced during International Education Week the week of November 13-17. The 1st and 2nd place winners of each category will receive a scholarship prize that will be credited to the student’s account at UA. All finalists will receive an award certificate.
Rules and Requirements
- You must be a current UA student to enter.
- Photos must be submitted via email to UAphotocontest@gmail.com
- Maximum of four total entries per student.
- No inappropriate, lewd, disrespectful, or offensive submissions.
- Repeat submissions will not be considered.
- Images should not be digitally enhanced.
- Submissions must include your name, the category in which you are entering each photo, title of the photo, location the photo was taken, and the name of your program.
Check out last years winners on our Facebook: 2016 Photo Contest Winners!