Calendar and Costs
- Fall and spring sessions are 8 weeks long.
- Summer sessions are 6 weeks long.
- Short-term study is available at the beginning of each full session (4 weeks in fall and spring, 3 weeks in summer).
- All sessions include at least 148 hours of classroom instruction.
Short-term study is available for students who only have a limited time to study, like professionals or university students. Half-session students will not take final exams.
2019-20 Full-Session Dates
|Fall 1, 2019||Aug 19 – Oct 10|
|Fall 2, 2019||Oct 15 – Dec 12|
|Spring 1, 2020||Jan 6 – Feb 27|
|Spring 2, 2020||Mar 2 – Apr 29|
|Summer 1, 2020||May 4 – Jun 15|
|Summer 2, 2020||Jun 18 – Jul 30|
|Fall 1, 2020||Aug 17 – Oct 8|
|Fall 2, 2020||Oct 13 – Dec 10|
2019-20 Short-Term Dates
|Fall 1, 2019||Aug 19 – Sep 13|
|Fall 2, 2019||Oct 15 – Nov 12|
|Spring 1, 2020||Jan 6 – Jan 31|
|Spring 2, 2020||Mar 2 – Apr 2|
|Summer 1, 2020||May 4 – May 22|
|Summer 2, 2020||Jun 18 – Jul 9|
|Fall 1, 2020||Aug 17 – Sep 11|
|Fall 2, 2020||Oct 13 – Nov 10|
Costs Per Session
Costs to attend the ELI are comparable to or in many cases lower than those of other intensive English programs in the US. All costs are listed in US dollars.
|University Student Fee||$516||$252||$384||$192|
|On-Campus Housing||$1,475||$738||$1,505 Double
Please note that the university charges a 2.85% credit card fee. Contact the ELI Office for alternative payment methods.
Medical insurance is required unless student provides proof of acceptable coverage. (Our Insurance Waiver Form must be completed by the student’s insurance company and submitted for consideration prior to registration. This form is available for download from the Forms Page).
Housing charges vary according to assignment. Estimated range of cost for housing is $1,475 – $2,450 per session. All housing assignments are subject to availability.
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable, valid for one year)
- Express mail fee: $50 (optional – paid only if student chooses to receive admission documents via express mail service)
- On-Campus Housing Application Fee: $35 (non-refundable); deposit required if on-campus housing selected
- If you choose ELI Airport Pick Up Service, a $30 fee will be added to your student account.
- Tuition deposit: $250 (required) The ELI will refund the tuition deposit when the student receives a visa denial but only if 6 months or less have passed since the date of that payment. The ELI cannot refund tuition deposits if more than 6 months have passed since the date of payment. A refund due to a visa denial must be requested, in writing, within 30 days of the denial.
- A $75 Late Testing Fee is charged to new ELI students who do not take the ELI Placement Exam at the designated time (8:15 am on Day 1 of each session).
- Students should plan to bring approximately $300 – $400 per session for personal expenses (includes bedding, towels, and personal care items).
- Session costs typically increase slightly each year in August, beginning with the Fall 1 session.
- The ELI’s summer sessions are designed so that students may choose to complete either one or two full-time sessions in 12 weeks. Students on an F-1 (student) visa should refer to the ELI Student Handbook (available on the Forms Page) for information on maintaining full-time status during the summer sessions.
- If certified coverage is acceptable, the waiver is approved and the student is not required to purchase medical insurance. If certified coverage is not acceptable, the student is required to purchase medical insurance at the time of registration. Please contact the ELI office to submit a waiver form for consideration.
- Withdrawal information can be found in the ELI Student Handbook (available on the Forms Page).