- Fall and spring sessions are 8 weeks long.
- Summer sessions are 6 weeks long.
- Short-term study is available at the beginning of each full session (4 weeks in fall and spring, 3 weeks in summer).
- All sessions include at least 148 hours of classroom instruction.
Short-term study is available for students who only have a limited time to study, like professionals or university students. Half-session students will not take final exams.
2019-20 Full-Session Dates
|Fall 1, 2019||August 19 – October 10|
|Fall 2, 2019||October 15 – December 12|
|Spring 1, 2020||January 6 – February 27|
|Spring 2, 2020||March 2 – April 29|
|Summer 1, 2020||May 4 – June 15|
|Summer 2, 2020||June 18 – July 30|
|Fall 1, 2020||August 17 – October 8|
|Fall 2, 2020||October 13 – December 10|
2019-20 Short-Term Dates
|Fall 1, 2019||August 19 – September 13|
|Fall 2, 2019||October 15 – November 12|
|Spring 1, 2020||January 6 – January 31|
|Spring 2, 2020||March 2 – April 2|
|Summer 1, 2020||May 4 – May 22|
|Summer 2, 2020||June 18 – July 9|
|Fall 1, 2020||August 17 – September 11|
|Fall 2, 2020||October 13 – November 10|
Costs Per Session
Costs to attend the ELI are comparable to or in many cases lower than those of other intensive English programs in the US. All costs are listed in US dollars.
|University Student Fee||$516||$252||$384||$192|
Please note that the university charges a 2.85% credit card fee. Contact the ELI Office for alternative payment methods.
Medical insurance is required unless student provides proof of acceptable coverage. (Our Insurance Waiver Form must be completed by the student’s insurance company and submitted for consideration prior to registration. This form is available for download from the Forms Page).
Housing charges vary according to assignment. Estimated range of cost for housing is $1,475 – $2,450 per session. All housing assignments are subject to availability.
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable, valid for one year)
- Express mail fee: $50 (optional – paid only if student chooses to receive admission documents via express mail service)
- On-Campus Housing Application Fee: $35 (non-refundable); deposit required if on-campus housing selected
- If you choose ELI Airport Pick Up Service, a $30 fee will be added to your student account.
- Tuition deposit: $250 (required – applied to charges when student enrolls, refundable only if proof of visa denial is provided)
- A $75 Late Testing Fee is charged to new ELI students who do not take the ELI Placement Exam at the designated time (8:15 am on Day 1 of each session).
- Students should plan to bring approximately $300 – $400 per session for personal expenses (includes bedding, towels, and personal care items).
- Session costs typically increase slightly each year in August, beginning with the Fall 1 session.
- The ELI’s summer sessions are designed so that students may choose to complete either one or two full-time sessions in 12 weeks. Students on an F-1 (student) visa should refer to the ELI Student Handbook (available on the Forms Page) for information on maintaining full-time status during the summer sessions.
- If certified coverage is acceptable, the waiver is approved and the student is not required to purchase medical insurance. If certified coverage is not acceptable, the student is required to purchase medical insurance at the time of registration. Please contact the ELI office to submit a waiver form for consideration.
- Withdrawal information can be found in the ELI Student Handbook (available on the Forms Page).