The Japan-America Society of Alabama (JASA) is a private, not-for-profit association in its third decade of encouraging and developing friendship and understanding between individuals who embrace the business, culture and education of Japan and the United States.
Through programs responsive to social, economic, and political needs, Alabamians are afforded the opportunity to examine and learn from experiences and achievements of both nations. Join us as we promote and cultivate these enriching international relationships.
JASA’s ongoing mission is to provide an avenue for the people of Alabama and the Japanese people residing in Alabama to promote friendly personal and professional relationships – all to increase a better understanding of each other’s people and customs.
- To foster and promote a spirit of goodwill in Alabama toward the people of Japan
- To provide a forum for the discussion of topics of common interest to the people of the United States and Japan
- To study and promote a better understanding of the arts, literature, culture ideals, aspirations and development of Japan and the United States
- To promote friendly personal and professional relationships between individuals of both nations in order to promote and encourage better understanding by Alabamians of the country, people and customs of Japan
- To promote greater knowledge of important issues and problems facing the governments of Japan and the United States
Japan-America Society of Alabama Website