Propose a Faculty-Led Program
Thank you for your interest in leading a UA international program!
This proposal process, once successfully completed, will not only enable your program to be approved, but will also serve as a tool in the on-going management of your program. Please complete the following procedural items:
General Process Timeline
- Read the Guide to Faculty Led Study Abroad Programs.
- Complete the following items:
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad Program Request for Approval
- Budget (email the excel file)
- Sign Academic Endorsements
- Director’s Signature, department chair, and Dean’s signature are all required.
- Programs with two faculty proposing from different departments require signatures from both department chairs.
- If Honors designation, a signature is required by the Honors College and the faculty member’s home department.
- Submit a paper copy of complete approval packet to Education Abroad (Box 870254).
- Email a scanned electronic copy of the complete packet to email@example.com.
- After Approval: Participate in the Spring Faculty Director Workshop (Risk Management/Budget Training).
Note: The Education Abroad Office has modeled the approval process on the recommendations of the Forum on Education Abroad Standards of Good Practice for Short-Term Education Abroad Programs.