All students at the University of Alabama are given a Campus Wide Identification Number (CWID). You need this number to register for a “Bama Account”, which is used for receiving email, registering for classes and many other actions required of UA students.
Your CWID will be sent to you by the ELI with your registration information. If you have a question about your CWID, please contact the ELI office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recommend that you follow the steps below to set up your Bama account before you arrive.
- Go to the UA’s MyBama website at mybama.ua.edu and click on New myBama users – create your password.
- Enter your last (family) name/names and CWID. A page with Terms and Conditions will appear. Click on I accept and go to the next page. You may be asked for a pin number, and that will be your six-digit birth date. If so, enter the month, day and last 2 numbers of the year you were born.
- You will be asked to choose a “security question”. There are several choices listed. Please choose one that will be easy for you to remember, and then type your answer to the question. This question and answer will be used if you forget your password, so please choose them carefully. Note: You must remember the security question you chose, as well as your answer, in order to access your account password.
- The next page will give instructions on setting up a password for your account. Once again, it is very important that you remember your password so that you can access your account.
- You will be given your “Bama Account” email address and the login user name will be the first part of that email address. Write the email address and your password down so that you won’t forget what they are.
- If you want to use a different email address, you may have the email sent to these accounts forwarded to that address by clicking on “turn forwarding on (enter email below)” and then enter the email address you want to use.
If you have any problems setting up your account, please contact the ELI office and let us know by email (email@example.com) or phone (205-348-7413). Or if you prefer, you may wait until you arrive at the ELI to receive help with myBama. We will be glad to assist you when you arrive and get ready to register for classes.