For full details on the June 22 Executive Order on Temporary Suspension of Immigrant Visas and Certain J, H, & L Non-Immigrant Visas, please see our Suspension Section of the COVID-19 Page.
- NO IMPACT ON STUDENT VISAS – The June 22 Executive Order has no impact on F or J student visas sponsored by UA.
- NO IMPACT ON UNIVERSITY SPONSORED J-1 & J-2 VISAS – The June 22 Executive Order has no impact to any of the J Exchange Visitor visas sponsored by The University of Alabama.
- LIMITED IMPACT ON H-1B AND H-4 NON-IMMIGRANT VISAS – The June 22 Executive Order does restrict H-1B and H-4 Visa processing at U.S. Embassies and Consulates outside of the United States. Please see this section for more information.
- LIMITED CONTINUED IMPACT ON IMMIGRANT VISAS (AKA PERMANENT RESIDENCY, GREEN CARDS) – The June 22 Executive Order extends an existing suspension of Immigrant Visa issuance at U.S. Embassies and Consulates outside of the United States. Please see this section on the Permanent Residency page for more information.
Please note, even if someone is exempt from the June 22 Executive Order, they may still be subject to one of the country-specific COVID-19 proclamations (i.e., if present in China, Iran, European Schengen Area, U.K, Ireland, or Brazil in the 14-day period before attempting entry to the U.S.) unless specifically exempt from those as well.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
- NEW STUDENT COVID-19 UPDATES PAGE
If you are a new student for Summer or Fall 2020 please see our page for all COVID-19 related questions that you as a new international student may have.
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT & SCHOLAR SERVICES COVID-19 UPDATES PAGE
UA International Student & Scholar Services maintains a page for all immigration and travel related questions that current international students and international scholars may have.
- UA REOPENING PLAN
The University of Alabama’s campus-specific plans to reopen can be found on the healthinfo site. You can also access the UA Return Plan as a digital guide.
- UA COVID-19 RESOURCE PAGE
The University of Alabama has created a website at healthinfo.ua.edu with updated information for the campus community.