Advising is done virtually, and appointments are required for in-person meetings. To make an appointment, email email@example.com or call 205-348-5402. Please be sure to provide your full name and CWID (if known) with your inquiry.
Advising is offered virtually via Zoom.
RECENT IMMIGRATION RULE PROPOSALS & CHANGES
- Due to delayed OPT Receipt Notices and processing as well as a number of rejected cases, USCIS Extends Flexibilities to Certain Applicants Filing Form I-765 for OPT – February 26, 2021
- Updated Executive Order Ends Suspension of Overseas Processing of PR and Certain H, J, and L Visas on February 24, 2021
- Executive Order keeps COVID-19 Entry Bans from China, Iran, European Schengen Zone, UK and Ireland, Brazil, and adds South Africa – January 25, 2021
- Executive Order Ends Entry Bar for Citizens of Eritrea, Iran, Kyrgyzstan, Libya, Myanmar (also known as Burma), Nigeria, North Korea, Somalia, Syria, Sudan, Tanzania, Venezuela, and Yemen – January 20, 2021
- Premium Processing Fee Increases to $2500 – Effective October 19
Based on The University of Alabama’s announced plan to return to full-time, in-person instruction under normal operations in the Fall 2021 Semester, all F-1 and J-1 students must resume regular in-person enrollment under standard F-1 and J-1 guidance beginning in the Fall 2021 Semester as outlined on our Full-Time Enrollment Page.
For full details, please see our SEVP Guidance section on the Coronavirus Page.
- CDC COVID TESTING REQUIREMENT – Effective January 26, 2021, negative COVID-19 Test Required to enter the U.S.
- CDC SELF-QUARANTINE REQUIREMENT – After travel, 7-Day Self-Quarantine with a negative viral test or 10-Day Self-Quarantine if no test.
- ENTRY BANS – Please see our Entry Ban section for guidance regarding current COVID-19 Entry Bans from China, Iran, European Schengen Zone, UK and Ireland, Brazil, and South Africa.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
- NEW STUDENT COVID-19 UPDATES PAGE – If you are a new student please see our page for all COVID-19 related questions that you may have.
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT & SCHOLAR SERVICES COVID-19 UPDATES PAGE – Current international students and international scholars should refer to this page for all immigration and travel related questions.
- UA COVID-19 RESOURCE PAGE – The University of Alabama has created a website at healthinfo.ua.edu with updated information for the campus community.