General advising hours are Monday through Friday, 11 am – 3 pm CST via Zoom or In-Person. Please note, drop-in advising is meant for shorter inquiries of 5 – 10 minutes. No Appointment is needed, but masks are required for in-person meetings.
Need a longer appointment? Book an appointment with ISSS online.
For all other questions, email email@example.com or call 205-348-5402. Please be sure to provide your full name and CWID (if known) with your inquiry.
Based on The University of Alabama’s announced plan to return to full-time, in-person instruction under normal operations in the Fall 2021 Semester, all F-1 and J-1 students must resume regular in-person enrollment under standard F-1 and J-1 guidance beginning in the Fall 2021 Semester as outlined on our Full-Time Enrollment Page.
For full details, please see our SEVP Guidance section on the Coronavirus Page.
- CDC COVID TESTING REQUIREMENT – Effective January 26, 2021, negative COVID-19 Test Required to enter the U.S.
- To find COVID testing resources abroad, please check your country’s Ministry of Health page or this Department of State Country Specific COVID-19 Resource Page.
- CDC SELF-QUARANTINE REQUIREMENT – After travel, those without FDA-Approved or WHO-Approved Vaccine must 7-Day Self-Quarantine with a negative viral test or 10-Day Self-Quarantine if no test.
- TRAVEL BAN UPDATE – National Interest Exception Update (May 27, 2021) –
- Effective now, NIE is available for students, certain academics, entering from European Schengen Zone and UK and Ireland.
- Effective for programs starting or resuming after August 1, 2021, NIE is available for students, certain academics, entering from China, Iran, Brazil, South Africa, and India.
- Please see our Entry Ban section for guidance regarding current COVID-19 Entry Bans
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
- NEW STUDENT COVID-19 UPDATES PAGE – If you are a new student please see our page for all COVID-19 related questions that you may have.
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT & SCHOLAR SERVICES COVID-19 UPDATES PAGE – Current international students and international scholars should refer to this page for all immigration and travel related questions.
- UA COVID-19 RESOURCE PAGE – The University of Alabama has created a website at healthinfo.ua.edu with updated information for the campus community.