Please be aware that there are a high volume of tax and immigration scams this time of year. Most of these types of scams will spoof a government agency phone number in order to look official.
The IRS, DHS, and other government agencies will never contact you by phone or email.
Signs of a Scam Phone Call:
- Caller requests you to pay a fine using Western Union, PayPal, Green Dot, MoneyGram or some other wire transfer service.
- Caller threatens your arrest or deportation for failure to act within a very short period of time.
- Caller will try to prevent you from hanging up, asking you to visit a retail store to transfer funds while remaining on the phone.
- Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:45 PM, Mon. - Fri.
- Walk-in Hours: 11 AM to 3 PM, Mon. - Fri.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (205) 348-5402
- Fax: (205) 348-5406