PUBLIC HOURS: Monday – Friday, 9 am – 12 noon and 1 – 3 pm CST (by appointment only).
To make an appointment, please email email@example.com or call 205-348-5402.
Whether contacting us by phone or email, please be sure to include your name and CWID (if known) with your inquiry.
Advising is offered virtually, Monday through Friday, 11:00 am – 4:45 pm CST via Zoom.
RECENT IMMIGRATION RULE PROPOSALS & CHANGES
- DHS Proposal on Length of Stay for F & J Visa Holders – Comments due by October 26
- Premium Processing Fee Increases to $2500 – Effective October 19
- Prevailing Wage Changes – Effective October 8; Comments Accepted Until November 9
- H-1B Changes – Definition of Specialty Occupation Narrows – Effective December 7; Comments Accepted Until December 7
Announced on September 30, 2020, UA will continue on-site, in-person instruction for the Spring 2021 Semester, with minor changes to the academic calendar. Classes will begin on Wednesday, January 13, 2020.
At this time, International Student & Scholar Services is awaiting updated guidance from the Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) regarding Spring 2021, but it is ISSS’s expectation that the Fall 2020 Guidance established on July 24 will continue for the Spring 2021 Semester. ISSS will update the Coronavirus Page immediately once SEVP posts new guidance.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
- NEW STUDENT COVID-19 UPDATES PAGE – If you are a new student please see our page for all COVID-19 related questions that you may have.
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT & SCHOLAR SERVICES COVID-19 UPDATES PAGE – Current international students and international scholars should refer to this page for all immigration and travel related questions.
- UA COVID-19 RESOURCE PAGE – The University of Alabama has created a website at healthinfo.ua.edu with updated information for the campus community.