General advising hours are Monday through Thursday, 11 am – 3 pm CST via Zoom or In-Person. Please note, drop-in advising is meant for shorter inquiries of 5 – 10 minutes. No Appointment is needed for Drop-in Advising, but masks are required for in-person meetings. NOTE: No Drop-in Advising on Fridays.
Have a complicated question? Need a longer appointment? Book an appointment with ISSS.
For all other questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 205-348-5402. Please be sure to provide your full name and CWID (if known) with your inquiry.
- ISSS TRAVEL GUIDANCE
- CDC COVID TESTING REQUIREMENT – Negative COVID-19 Test Required to enter the U.S.
- Effective, December 6, 2021, all travelers, regardless of their vaccination status, must have a negative viral COVID test 1 day prior to their flight to the U.S.
- To find COVID testing resources abroad, please check your country’s Ministry of Health page or this Department of State Country Specific COVID-19 Resource Page.
- VACCINATION REQUIREMENT – Effective November 8, 2021
- Effective November 8, 2021, all non-U.S. citizen, nonimmigrants traveling to the United States by air are required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- In early January 2022, all non-U.S. citizen, nonimmigrants entering the U.S. via land travel and ferry travel from Canada and Mexico – whether for essential or non-essential reasons – will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- UPDATES – Please see our Entry Ban and Restrictions section for the latest guidance regarding COVID-19 Entry Bans and Restrictions.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
- NEW STUDENT COVID-19 UPDATES PAGE – If you are a new student please see our page for all COVID-19 related questions that you may have.
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT & SCHOLAR SERVICES COVID-19 UPDATES PAGE – Current international students and international scholars should refer to this page for all immigration and travel related questions.
- UA COVID-19 RESOURCE PAGE – The University of Alabama has created a website at healthinfo.ua.edu with updated information for the campus community.